The popping colors ranging from dark red to bright orange, striped flesh and an extra portion of vitamins and minerals make beetroot an excellent winter health booster. Related to Swiss chard and sugar beet, this root vegetable is a member of the goosefoot family. The dye betanin, which is also used in the food industry, is responsible for the intense color of the red beetroot. Incidentally, young beetroot leaves can be used in cooking like spinach or chard.
Beetroot loves sunny locations with deep, humus-rich, nutrient-rich soil. They usually germinate easily, are undemanding and bring a reliable harvest. When in doubt, harvest this root vegetable sooner rather than later. Tender baby beets can be harvested after as few as 70-90 days.
- CHIOGGIA ra15Bag(€640.00 /1kg )(€640.00 /1kg )
- COLOURFUL BEETROOTS ra52Bag(€640.00 /1kg )(€640.00 /1kg )
- FORMANOVA ra18Bag€2.85€2.85(€570.00 /1kg )(€570.00 /1kg )
- GOLDEN ra16Bag(€640.00 /1kg )(€640.00 /1kg )
- Bag€2.85€2.85(€570.00 /1kg )(€570.00 /1kg )